Saturday, December 10, 2011

Big City Life

Well, this is my first entry from anywhere other than Pennsylvania. I'm reporting live from "The Big Apple". No, not Infinite Loop (hi-five if you got the Apple Inc. reference) but New York City.

I do love this place, there's always something happening. I wouldn't want to go to college here just because it'd be way to much hassle with transport and stuff. I suppose that's why so many people walk, which conveniently brings me into what I want to talk about: walking. Sounds fun right?

Walking is brilliant isn't it? I'm kidding, it's not one of those pointless "blog-for-the-sake-of-blogging" things. What interests me is the speeds of people walks. I swear every New Yorker and their mum had over-taken me over a two block distance once I started walking off the bus!

They probably have places to go, but if you all slowed down, then it would make no difference, am I right? It's something to do with ratios or something like that. But immediately people of the Internet will say: "Then we wouldn't get things done as fast as we do." to which my response would be: "China is already raping every other country, so let's just let them have it."

An alternative could be to have everyone run everywhere. I mean, the walking speeds are equivalent to jogging speeds already, so why not notch it up to sprints? Maybe I have just found a way to cut down obesity rates in America?! Take that Jamie Oliver! 1-0!

Anyway, I love NYC. So here's a picture I took:


No comments:

Post a Comment