Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's like hockey, but it's on ice...

We have hockey in England, but there are some minor differences. First of all, it's played on grass. Secondly, they don't end up in a brutal brawl every five minutes. We also have field boundaries... No I think about it, there are so many differences.

From the protection worn to the shape of the stick, things are actually quite opposite. The main one being that "field" hockey has sort of become a women's sport, whereas, "ice" hockey is obviously stereotyped as a bloke's sport.

If I'm being honest, the only reason I ever watch ice hockey is because I want to see a fight. The sport itself is not so interesting, but it's by far better than field hockey. So well done America, you improved one sport we already had. However, I believe you can't brag as your recreation of football is terrible and made your national pass-time a weird adaptation of rounders...

The hockey team I have chosen to support is the Pittsburg Penguins, just because everyone else here does, peer pressure much?



The question I'm asking: Should we allow fights and such in soccer (damn it!) football?

How interesting would that be?!? Vidic would be even better than he always is and we'd finally get to see Fernando Torres on the floor for a good reason.

The image above is a picture of Sydney Crosby, who's the only ice hockey player I know. He's demonstrating what I'd do if I had five minutes with Sepp Blatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment