Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Country Music and it's Achy-Breaky Heart.

How bad is the title for this entry? ^^^ I'm sorry but that's literally the only country song I know besides Taylor Swift.

You may have guessed that this article is centered around the country music genre. Give yourself a pat on the back if you got it right!



So anyway, country music was something new to me when I arrived here. I never heard any of it on my initial arrival, but I suppose that's because I spent the week in New York City. Hopefully I'm not causing any offense but New Yorkers don't really seem the "type" to listen to country music!

However, when I moved into Pennsylvania and got to know a few people from other parts of the country, I realised it had a wider appeal than what I first expected. It's frequency played on the radio stations and shops and petrol stations also play it quite a lot.

I don't really have an opinion on it. One of my suit-mates occasionally has it on, so I have heard some tracks. Many people associate it with "rednecks" or "hillbillies", I haven't met a true redneck or hillbilly so it'd be unfair to judge.

Frankly, it's definitely not my type of music. But I think it's cool how Americans have kept it mainstream (partially at least), as it kind of prowesses their heritage. Nothing like a bit of patriotism! And no-one beats the Yanks when it comes to being patriot!

No comments:

Post a Comment